Jamb 2018 Physics Possible Questions And Answers Expo Runz
- Physics possible questions and answers pick your choice and engage your emotion
questions from all the Jamb Physics topics.
The 1000 points will cover every topic in Jamb
Physics. However, the key points will not be
arranged topic by topic. As time goes on, I will
work on hot key point series on Jamb Biology,
Chemistry, Mathematics, CRS and the Use of
English. It will be wise you follow up series. Now,
lets go straight to business…..
Key Points on Jamb Physics hot topics (1 to 10)
1) The classification of Wave are:
Mechanical Wave (E.g Water and Sound
Electromagnetic Wave (E.g Gamma and X-
Progressive/Travelling Wave (Water And
Stationary/Standing Wave (Nodes And
Longitudinal Wave (E.g Sound Waves)
Transverse Wave (E.g Waves in Pipe and
2) Stationary Wave occur when two interfering
waves of the same amplitude and frequency
travel in opposite direction.
3) Velocity of Sound In:
Air is 332m/s
Water (Liquid) is 1435m/s
Iron (Solid) is 5000m/s
4) The velocity of Echo is equal to the total
distance traveled by the sound divided by the
5) The quality of sound depends on the number
of overtones or harmonics. It makes it possible
to distinguish between two instruments playing
the same note.
6) Vibration can either be free, forced or
7) Eclipse occurs due to the travel of light in a
8) The application of plane mirrors are
Periscope, Kaleidoscope and Sextant.
9) Refraction occurs at constant frequency.
10) Hydrogen spectrum has all colors of white
light, Sodium vapour has yellow line (spectrum)
and Mercury vapour has Blue and Green
Hot Points And Topics In Jamb Physics (10 to
11) Another word for electrolysis is the chemical
effect of current.
12) Passage of current through liquid doesn’t
obey Ohms law.
13) Magnetic fields are oval in shape.
14) Angle of dip is 90 degree at the magnetic
poles and zero at the equator.
15) The strength of Magnet is greatest at the
16) All electric charges are multiples of the
charges of an electron.
17) Factors affecting capacitance are: Area of
plates, distance between the plates and
dielectrics between the plates.
18) Examples of dielectric materials are Paraffin
wax, Polythene, Ebonite and Glass.
19) Sliding friction are less than limiting friction.
20) EMF is the algebraic sum of potential
difference acting in a circuit.
Hot Topics in Jamb Physics (20 to 30)
21) Electromagnetism is the production of
current from Magnet.
22) In a closed circuit, the induced EMF gives
rise to induced current.
23) Eddy current is used in damping moving coil,
speedometers and induction coil.
24) Transformer steps up or steps down voltage
at the same frequency.
25) The Inductor finds application in choke
26) Choke is used for varying current.
27) The induced voltage is equal to the rate of
change of magnetic flux.
28) Solar cells convert sunlight energy directly
into electrical energy.
29) Local action is caused by impurity of zinc